The NRC-CWDT provides technical assistance and training to Tribes operating child welfare programs.
The NRC-CWDT provides assistance and consultation in an individualized manner based on the needs of the Tribe. In certain cases, we may recommend collaborating with other T/TA network members because IT systems are not stand-alone entities.
Any requests for on-site training or technical assistance must be approved by the Children’s Bureau Regional Office. Please contact us if you would like assistance in reaching the appropriate Regional Office.
Areas we can help:
- build capacity of a Tribal agency looking to develop a case management system*
- enhance the use of current case management system
- using data for program improvement
- adapt the Reconnect Families database tool to meet basic data reporting requirements
- review of procurement plan for an IT system*
- in collaboration with the National Resource Center for Organizational Improvement, facilitate Tribal/State partnerships
- presentations tailored towards regional meetings or tribal association meetings about topics to consider when building a data system and using data.
* We are not able to recommend any specific vendors or proprietary tools, but can guide the Tribe in the process for selecting a system that suits the needs and structure of the agency or practice model.
Request Training & Technical Assistance
The NRC-CWDT is available to provide customized, Agency-specific technical assistance for States, Tribes, U.S. Territories, and Courts. To inquire about technical assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at: 703-263-2024.