What type of training and technical assistance is available?
We offer a wide variety of technical skills to meet individual requests. The requests may include something as general as facilitating a meeting between data and program staff on a specific issue or as detailed as offering technical assistance on the initial running of a syntax. Each request is considered at a basic level of need and elevated to meet complex requirements. Training and technical assistance activities may include (but is not limited to):
- On-site training and technical assistance to examine relationships between the use of effective automation, data collection requirements and the ability to measure outcomes.
- Providing detailed AFCARS Technical Assistance
- Presenting strategies to increase the collection, quality, comparability, and use of child welfare data
- Collaborating with the States, Courts, and Tribes to build capacity for use of child welfare data in making policy, practice and management decisions
- Assisting State, court, and tribal staff in all aspects of how data are used in the CFSR process
- Training and use of peer consultants
Please visit our topics pages for more information on training and technical assistance related to specific subject areas.
Who can request technical assistance and training?
State, U.S. Territory, and Tribal child welfare agencies operating a IV-B program and Courts. Local public agencies can request technical assistance through their State child welfare agency.
Is there any cost to the agency receiving technical assistance?
The NRC-CWDT is a service of the Children’s Bureau. There is no cost to the agency.
How is technical assistance provided?
Technical Assistance may be provided off-site through a phone call or developed long term with numerous site visits, with a range of options in between. TA is designed with the requesting agency or court and in various levels of collaboration with the Regional Office and other appropriate members of the T/TA Network. Each TA is uniquely designed in partnership with the requesting agency or court.
Request Training & Technical Assistance
For questions on obtaining technical assistance, please contact the NRC-CWDT at email@example.com or (703) 263-2024. You may also contact your Administration for Children and Families Federal Regional Office to make a request.