NCANDS provides technical assistance for the following:
- Data Collection – Through a review of data collection screens and validation reports, TA staff can assist the State in identifying NCANDS data elements that might be underreported or incorrectly captured.
- Data Extraction – TA staff can review the State’s extraction code, mapping forms, and validation reports to assist in the identification of data elements where extraction logic is not consistent with established NCANDS definitions.
- Data Quality – TA staff can assist the States in generating validation reports and measures for the NCANDS Safety Profile that can be used to identify areas of concern with respect to data quality.
- Analytical Use of NCANDS Data – Through a variety of means, notably with respect to using existing syntax, TA staff can provide assistance in linking NCANDS and other data to specific outcomes of interest to a State. For example, technical assistance might focus on building the State’s capacity to link maltreatment recurrence rates with specific subpopulations of children.
- For assistance in data validation and submission, please contact your state NCANDS liaison.